--On 8. August 2006 00:53:09 -0300 David Pratt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi. I am trying to get a better sense of how others are dealing with ZPL
headers in code from original authors once changes are made. For example
if a package is ZPL copyright somebody, I typically see a header at the
top of most files as well as the LICENSE.txt in the package itself. When
changes are made however, it is typical see headers replaced with the
header of the author(s) who have made changes and date. A second license
will now apply to the modified package with the ZPL license of the
original code left to acknowledge authors and copyright of the original
product/package. Is that a fair assessment? Is that generally acceptable?
Many thanks.

The ZPL does not tell what to put into header of your files. My source basically contains a reference to some LICENSE file in the root directoy. This file contains the main license (e.g. ZPL) but it also mentions all code parts that are published under a different license. So you have everything in one place and you don't have to modify all headers as soon as something changes with your licenses.