--On 11. August 2006 17:10:29 +0000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi :-)

The system I am working on is using a ZCatalog with some indexes (over
10) for faster searching.

Unfortunatelly there are some use cases, where I have to add really many
new objects to ZODB. It works, but very slowly.

What kind of objects?

I suspect that this is
because when I add an object to Folder (with _setObject) it gets indexed
- couple thousands of objects multiplied by over 10 indexes = looooong.

Consider using CatalogQueue to defer indexing.

Am I guessing right or am I completely lost? ;-)

No idea, you might investigate your bottleneck(s) using ZopeProfiler.

-aj