Dieter Maurer wrote:
In this case, you need to be more specific what happens precisely:

  *  the browser waits forever (maybe a firewall problem)
She does have a firewall. However, she is not the only client nor the only customer trying to reach sites of mine that is experiencing this difficulty. I have asked my clients for OS/IE information but they haven't provided it.
  *  the brower returns with something like "the document contains no
     data" (this means that Zope died)
I thought I had mentioned (and if not, I apologize) that the message comes back "Welcome to Web.vi \n Zope" or some such. web.vi is my domain and is the name of the server (localhost.web.vi). However, web.vi serves just fine.
  *  the access takes very long (several minutes) (this may indicate
     a DNS problem)
Nobody has indicated as much. I even increased the time to enable contact between my reverse-proxy (Pound) and Zope and that had no effect.
  *  after several minutes (DNS timeout), the browser reports
     "the page cannot be shown" (this may indicate a DNS problem).
Again, something *does* print to screen, and I'm guessing this is some default file in Zope. It appears the reverse proxy is working, else a Zope message wouldn't appear on the screen, I believe, and it does.
Note also, that DNS problems may happen non deterministically.
Could you clarify what you mean by that term?
Thank you so much!
beno