Sinang, Danny wrote:
Hello,
We wrote an application (on Zope v2.7.6-final) that queries a MySQL
database via ZMySQLDA v2.0.8.
Whenever the MySQL server experiences heavy load, Zope seems to hang,
such that we can't even access the ZMI.

DeadlockDebugger can confirm what your problem actually is.

Is this a bug in version 2.7.6 or ZMySQLDA ?

Likely neither.

Or are there some settings I can tweak to adjust some database
connection timeout value ?

You might wanna ask on a MySQL list. Also follow others' advice to find out why you MySQL server isn't responding.

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk