On Sep 30, 2006, at 3:10 AM, Andreas Jung wrote:
--On 29. September 2006 15:05:06 -0700 David Bear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I know it has been asked many times which os is best for zope, I have

Don't depend on packages. It is the safest way to use the source code
distributions. The sources code distro is recommended and supported. In case of packages you depend often on a single maintainer.

I was wondering... I'm an old AIX guy and I never pick up pre-compiled versions of software because the guy who compiles it often has choices and his choices are not what I want.  So I just pick up and compile what I want/need.  That practice has propagated over to Mac OS X where I do most of my "home" work now.

Perry Smith
Ease Software, Inc.

SATA Products for IBMs RS/6000, pSeries, and AIX systems