We use a 'home-grown' cookie-based authentication process, and when we want to log the user out we over-write the cookie with invalid data and send the user to a 'so long and thanks for all the fish' page.

Jonathan

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 8:24 AM
Subject: [Zope] Programmatically logging out a user

Hello,

How do I programmatically log out a user from Zope ?

I've asked this question before, but was told to :

1. Redirect the user to a page that always raises Unauthenticated. See
manage_zmi_logout.

2. from AccessControl.SecurityManagement import noSecurityManager
noSecurityManager()

Are there any other ways out there ?

Regards,
Danny