Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote:
hm... ok, point taken. However: he is not treating us like dirt.

Yes he is; by simply not bothering to do any real research before making huge sweeping statements...

If he publishes a wiki with some misconceptions, so what?

If it's full of crap, quite a few people will let him know ;-)

Will it have
more impact than all the other sites that don't grok zope and therefore
dismisses it? No, probably not.

Yeah, but they got their fair share of trouble too...

But us going on like "you obviously don't get it, do you? In fact, you
dont seem to get anything about the web, even. Go away!"

If that's true, then why not?

either: instead of getting an enlightened zope user, we get yet another
"zope sucks"-person with a bunch of misconceptions about zope out in the
wild.

Some people can't be helped...

spending time thinking about a fork is futile. I somehow can understand
his position, though, having rewritten some of our systems based on what
they should do, instead of trying to understand the original spaghetti
code (but my code is nowhere near the complexity of Zope, on the other
hand).

I don't there's anything out of the ordinary with this pattern, it's what happens with all software development...

Everybody needs to be treated with some degree of respect, and it's not

Sorry, I disagree. Respect is a mutual thing.

Yes, in general, but in our case, I get the feeling that *anyone* that
does not agree with the zope-philosophy, or questions the way zope
works, gets a smack in the head. This is just the latest example.

Nah, I don't agree, sorry. If that had been the case, how did Zope 3 come into being? ;-)

I am not trying to tell people how to behave, though, even if it may
sound like it - I am just trying to point out some things about our
attitude that we should be aware of as a community.

I'd say, as a community, we don't tolerate fools lightly. I see that as a good thing...

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk