7676> From: Jake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> From: Dieter Maurer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> After careful reading of the error message, you use means of your operating
> system to determine what permissions are granted for
> "/usr/local/zope/2012/var/Data.fs.lock" or (if that does not exist) for
> "/usr/local/zope/2012/var".

Ah, yes! It was indeed the var dir! Forgot about that one! However...

> Subject: Re: My Sad Tale Of Woe

> Newsgroups: gmane.comp.web.zope.general

> Date: 2006-11-29 20:06:04 GMT (11 hours and 28 minutes ago)

> Did you build the exact same type of Zope (version, python, etc) with all

> the products?

> Have you run the utilities on your ZODB to make sure it is ok?

No, I haven't and it's not. After getting through the permission denied errors,
I found that my Data.fs is indeed corrupt:

ZODB.FileStorage.FileStorageFormatError: /usr/local/zope/instance2/var/Data.fs

I find this inexplicable because I made a backup copy of it (that I'm using
now) when everything was fine, so how did it get corrupted? But it is. How do I
run thes utilities? Can't find anything in yahoo...

Also, someone responded that I shouldn't start new threads for the same topic.
Of course, they're right, but for some reason many of the posts just to this
list don't end up in my yahoo box! I researched both of these responses on
gmane. Why is that?
TIA,
Nancy