On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 01:04:48AM -0800, Nancy Donnelly wrote:
> Okay, yahooing around I found I have to set the path. But I still get this
> error:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:zope/instance2/var (177) set
> PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:zope/instance2/var (178) python
> /usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/ZODB/fsrecover.py Data.fs Data.fs.recover
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/ZODB/fsrecover.py", line 80, in ?
>     import ZODB
> ImportError: No module named ZODB
>
> The python is the correct one. I re-set python so that the one that comes up
> first in the path is the one Zope uses.

What shell are you using? That's not how you set an environment
variable in any of the bourne-style shells (sh, bash, ksh).
For those, you would use:

 export PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python:$PYTHONPATH

And it's not how you set environment vars in tcsh either.
For that, you would use:

 setenv PYTHONPATH /usr/local/zope/278/lib/python:$PYTHONPATH

In both cases you would normally append the existing PYTHONPATH as
shown here, but that's not your current problem.

I'm not clear on what exactly "set" does in tcsh;
in bash it sets positional parameters, which isn't what you want:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ echo $FOO

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ set FOO=bar
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ echo $FOO

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ echo $1