It turned out, actually to be easier than I though to correct this - I ended
up trapping the exception whenever one occurred.

Thanks for all the input.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dieter Maurer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, December 17, 2006 4:25 AM
To: Kate Legere
Subject: RE: [Zope] attribute-less object(assign or del)

Kate Legere wrote at 2006-12-11 09:31 -0500:
>This is the full trackback:
>Site Error Log Site Error Log at  /error_log
>Exception traceback
>Time   2006/12/11 09:26:04.451 US/Eastern
>Request URL
>Exception Type         TypeError
>Exception Value        attribute-less object (assign or del)
>      <PythonScript at
>      Line 45
>    * Module RestrictedPython.Guards, line 96, in handler
>TypeError: attribute-less object (assign or del)

This gives us another two potential problem causes.

  * It is likely that you cannot change 'Record' attributes
    in restricted code (such as in 'PythonScript').

    Try in trusted code (e.g. an "ExternalMethod").

  * Maybe, you try to change not a "Record" instance
    (a single hit) but the "Result" instance (representing
    the complete result list). "Result" instances do not have
    any writable attributes.