Thanks for the info. It looks like my version of exUserFolder uses crypt for the password encryption. It also looks like User Folder allows you to use crypt (I haven't figured out how) to encrypt your password, through it's AuthEncoding module.

My question would be: If I can get the encryption planets to line up, how do I copy the crypted password from an exUserFolder record to a standard User Folder object?

Maciej Wisniowski wrote:

I have a site that is using the exUserFolder product as acl_users in the
root folder. I would like to migrate it back to a normal User Folder. My problem, however, is that the passwords are encrypted by default in
exUserFolder, and I do not now how to migrate those encrypted passwords
back to the normal User Folder.
Any ideas?
You may check the source of exUserFolder to see what encryption is used
there, but I think you'll not be able to recover passwords from this.

You might want to take a look at PAS, especially check the ZODB plugin.
Maybe it already uses same password encryption as exUserFolder. If not
then, I think, it is not a big deal to write own plugin that will
encrypt the passwords same way as exUserFolder.

Chris Crownhart