Have you tried to enable the trace logger in the zope.conf file?
Look for the stanza beginning with <logger trace>.

You need to have your server in debug-mode. This will produce a
trace.log file that can be analyzed with requestprofiler.py.

This will give you the offending requests that caused Zope to hang.

Now, I run the Zope server in debug now and I have enabled the trace logger. Hope to see more details. I let you know as soon as the Zope server hangs again and I get some more information.
Thank you!