On 1/18/07, yacine chaouche <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,
I have an ajax application that is composed by :
1) An ajax client which is a web page with a button that calls a zope
object's method, say "toutCompter".
2) An ajax server (zope), with a zope object that has the method
"toutCompter" (all zope object methods are XMLRPC callable right ?).

I use two browsers on two separate machines. I call the methode on the two
browsers, and compares the zope trace and strace output of the network
activity. The problem is that zope says he sends data but strace don't, and
zope says he receives data and again strace don't.

This is the zope/python code that prints to the console :
<zope/python>
    def toutCompter(self):
        """
    this method is called via XMLRPC.
        """
        IPAdresse  = self.REQUEST["REMOTE_ADDR"]
        print "ip:",IPAdresse,"requests counting of lines",self.getForm
('min'),"to",self.getForm('max')
    ... #some processing here. creation of XMLData
        print "sending results to "+IPAdresse
    return XMLData
</zope/python>

Zope says :

<zope traces to the console>
ip: 10.75.49.155 requests counting of lines 10 to 20
ip: 10.75.49.51 requests counting of lines 10 to 20
sending results to 10.75.49.155
sending results to 10.75.49.51
ip: 10.75.49.51 requests counting of lines 10 to 20
sending results to 10.75.49.51
</zope trace>

instead of strace try tcpdump, much more helpful:
tcpdump -i <INTERFACE> -s 0 -A HOST <HOST> AND PORT <PORT>
should show the reality

Best regards,

           Patrick