--On 4. Februar 2007 19:20:19 +0100 Dieter Maurer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Maciej Wisniowski wrote at 2007-2-3 15:22 +0100:
So where is your *real* problem? Export/import works fine,
we have tools like ZSyncer, we have ZEO...something you're missing?
It is not my problem. I just pointed that copying data.fs between
instances is not only and not preferrable way to distribute application
versions among zope instances.

In my view, you have been right to warn against copying "Data.fs"
to synchronize between development and production installations.

Copying the Data.fs is reasonable solution for some situation when you want
to a complete site from a *staging* area to a production site. Otherwise you depend on tools like ZSyncer or toys like CMFStaging depending on your setup and deployment policies.

  In allmost all cases (whenever the production instance gathers
  some data from its users), this will lead to desaster
  (through data loss).

Only a numpty would do that :-)