We are running a seperate zope instance that contains a number of plone portal.
Zope version 2.8.2 plone version 2.1.1  python 2.3.5

since a few weeks the instance 'hangs', When i check the processes usually python is at 99%, but i've also had time where zope was not responding but the server load was almost zero (deadlocking ?). I've installed deadlockdebugger and there are some entries of 'slow' pages in there, but i've checked these pages and they do not contain any 'big' queries or possible slow processes.

The page loops over a results set from mysql, this set contains 400 - 500 results. I've noticed that if it loops over 500 results instead of i.e. 20 the page takes almost 3 to 4 seconds longer to load.

I've never seen this kind of behaviour before (i have seen it with bad queries and such, but thats not the case here).

Will a zope update possibly solve this problem, or can someone inform me about the deadlockdebugger output and HOW is should read it?

Obiplein 6-10
NL-1094 RB      T +31 (0)20 462 4910
F +31 (0)20 462 4919    M +31 (0)62 666 8489

w w w . m u l t i m e d i a - p r o f e s s i o n a l s . n l