--On 15. Februar 2007 11:40:49 -0800 Daryl Daly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What I find as strange is that if the same field is displayed as just text
(i.e. just in a td element rather than in an input element) it displays
fine in IE.

My page template has the following headers:
  tal:define="dummy python:request.RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type',
'text/html;; charset=utf-8');" >

This should be sufficient to display utf8 content.

Firefox reports the page encoding as UTF-8 with meta:
content-type text/html; charset=utf-8

Input element:
            <textarea cols="50" name="detail_desc" rows="10"
                      tal:content="record/detail_desc |

I have also tried adding accept-charset="utf-8" to the form element

This has applies only when you submit the form.

I have been able to fix the problem by adding this to my zope.conf:

Should not play a role here.

I don't understand why this "fixes" the problem or if it is the correct
way to resolve this.

Unlikely. Does it work with older Zope versions?