Hi David,

Once again, please stay on the list - you need to hit "reply to all".

David VanKirk wrote:
I appreciate your help and links, but I'm still not getting anything.

I did say it was fiddly!

I've go to get some urgent stuff out of the way, but I'll have some time later and will do a fully worked example.

In the meantime...

I enabled the proxy_module to use with the "P" option on the rewrite rule.

I've also added the following line to my VirtualHost section:

RewriteRule ^($|/.*)
http://127.0.0.1:8080/VirtualHostBase/https/%{SERVER_NAME}:443/VirtualHostRoot$1
[L,P]

but when I go to http://127.0.0.1/manage I get a Forbidden error.

You can turn on some logging in Apache for rewrites.

I did setup the Virtual Host Monster in Zope, so if I were to
construct the URL like the ReWrite rule does manually, it starts to
load the page, but the frames all have 404 errors because it's
querying Apache on port 443 for the resources after Zope returns the
VHMed URL.

Is this an application that loads in a frame-set?

Maybe you could send me a copy of you httpd.conf/ssl.conf files so I
can see if there's something I'm missing?

I'll send an annotated version.

--

Regards,

PhilK