My understanding is that get/setrecursionlimit is for the python
internal limit and is not an indicator of the THREAD_STACK_SIZE value,
but in any case, yes, we have compiled with that option and I don't
think that these would be the symptoms I would see for a stack size
issue anyway, but thanks for the suggestion!

-- Jean

Hmmm...unfortunately, that's not the cause of the problem (I'm
responding since I'm on the East coast, Jean is on the West, and he's
asleep right now):

[EMAIL PROTECTED]: ~$ python
Python 2.4.3 (#2, Jul  2 2006, 16:14:54)
[GCC 3.4.2 [FreeBSD] 20040728] on freebsd5
>>> import sys
>>> sys.getrecursionlimit()
1000

Though I do appreciate you forwarding that URL along, because a *lot*
of people have suggested the Python stack issue, and until now, we've
been unable to definitively rule that out. It's almost as good to clear
one problem as the potential cause as it is to fix things. :-)

Alex Kirk