This is because since PlonePAS integration the user password is no longer stored, instead a hash of the password is stored instead (much better for security!) This means it is impossible to get the original password back.

If you do have a need to remind users of their passwords then you must record the original password somewhere else.

I'm having the same problem. Zope 2.9.6 and Plone 2.5.2
Method is describe here:

The line:
password = user._getPassword() longer works.

I can remove that one line, and export to CSV works fine.

Obtaining a username / password list is actually pretty important in our use case (patron users routinely forget both their username and password and don't like (hate) having their password reset). I miss being able to get the password info. I know it is not good security practive to allow this.

I was told by a more knowlegable Plone developer that obtaining the passwords to csv is no longer possible for this security concern. I don't know if that is true or not.