(Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 02:11:07PM -0500) Jonathan wrote/schrieb/egrapse:
If there is an alternative approach I would really like to know about it!

I already mentioned that there is an alternative approach. There is a
Zope product ready to download and install. Just search for it, I don't
remember the name offhand, though it might be something as simple as
"zopecounter".

I found hit counter concept on zopelabs (http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/991116439 for anyone who is interested) that uses an sql db to store/retrieve frequently updated information.

I am going to modify the application to use an external mysql db instead of constantly updating objects in the zodb.

Thanks for the catch!

Jonathan