I have to thank you all for your valuable suggestions.

to aj:
> If you have the freedom to choose your Zope version:
>  - start with Zope 2.10 + CMF 2.1
>  - put your templates etc. into the filesystem using portal_skins
>  - use Zope 3 technology together with CMF: Zope 3 schema + formlib
>    for creating content-types, forms etc...
>  - avoid Plone if you really don't need it. Don't start with Plone
>   *just because it looks nice* and if you really need only a small
>   of the Plone functionality...
> -aj
Yes, I do have the freedom to choose which Zope version to run on my
machines and I'm going to focus my attention on the setup you suggested.

to chris:
>One 'kickstart' way to get started with something that will build out
> a Zope environment in a repeatable way on UNIX (Linux/BSD/Mac/
> probably Solaris) is available at http://www.plope.com/static/misc/
> buildit_example-20070314-1.tgz.  It requires "buildit" at http://
> www.agendaless.com/Members/chrism/software/buildit/ .  We use this
> allow individual developers to have dev instances on their own
> - C
Thank you, I'll take a look at that too.

to Marco/Eric:
what you suggested is just what I was thinking about even if I still
to understand how to put together all your suggestions to provide a
and painless development environment to my devs.
PAFlow looks really interesting to me since one of our projects
is directly related to the local PA.

Again, thank you all.