On 11. Apr 2007, at 07:19, Tim Nash wrote:

I'm using zope 2.5 (matches a book I like) and doing like so:

This is a *very* old release (5 years?).

>>> from ZODB import FileStorage, DB
storage = FileStorage.FileStorage('Data.fs')
db = DB(storage)
connection = db.open()
root = connection.root()

Also, can the ZODB be altered this way on a running Zope instance? I
would like to have a script run on cron and insert objects and remove
objects from the ZODB while the zope instance application is running.
I'd like these newly inserted objects to be Zpublishable as well.

To access the ZODB from separate processes you have to run ZEO.

It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though.
  --Douglas Adams