Thanks Paul and Stefan,
 I will look into learning ZEO.
I wish somebody would write a new book on the latest zope releases. I
think Zope is ready for a resurge in interest. Maybe it already is

Grok...eggification....REST + AJAX architectures.....the growing
interest in web services (just what is google doing with zope?).
There are lots of reasons to be getting into zope these days.

On 4/11/07, Stefan H. Holek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 11. Apr 2007, at 07:19, Tim Nash wrote:

> I'm using zope 2.5 (matches a book I like) and doing like so:

This is a *very* old release (5 years?).

> Also, can the ZODB be altered this way on a running Zope instance? I
> would like to have a script run on cron and insert objects and remove
> objects from the ZODB while the zope instance application is running.
> I'd like these newly inserted objects to be Zpublishable as well.

To access the ZODB from separate processes you have to run ZEO.

It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though.
  --Douglas Adams