Thanks Paul and Stefan,
 I will look into learning ZEO.
I wish somebody would write a new book on the latest zope releases. I
think Zope is ready for a resurge in interest. Maybe it already is
happening.

Grok...eggification....REST + AJAX architectures.....the growing
interest in web services (just what is google doing with zope?).
There are lots of reasons to be getting into zope these days.

Tim

On 4/11/07, Stefan H. Holek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 11. Apr 2007, at 07:19, Tim Nash wrote:

> I'm using zope 2.5 (matches a book I like) and doing like so:

This is a *very* old release (5 years?).

> Also, can the ZODB be altered this way on a running Zope instance? I
> would like to have a script run on cron and insert objects and remove
> objects from the ZODB while the zope instance application is running.
> I'd like these newly inserted objects to be Zpublishable as well.

To access the ZODB from separate processes you have to run ZEO.

Stefan

--
It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though.
  --Douglas Adams