---------- Initial Header -----------

>From      : "Andrew Milton" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To          : "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc          : "zope" zope@zope.org
Date      : Tue, 24 Apr 2007 01:30:37 +1000
Subject : Re: [Zope] Make a Zope Staging Server

> +-------[ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]----------------------
> | Hi,
>
> Hi, (please try to wrap lines at 72 chars...)
Sorry but I'm using an horrible web interface

> | I would like to have a Zope Staging Server where I make tests before publish
> | contents into the real Zope Web Server (I use 2 DBMSs too).
>
> | Unfortunately, EXTFile product (that I *MUST* use) don't give me the
> | possibility to use export/import functions (before import I should delete
> the
> | folder and consequently the linked FS files).
>
> Can you use EXTFile over a source control respository ? (subversion,
> cvs, et. al) and then 'check out' the version of the files you need.
>

> --
> Andrew Milton
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

My issue is not publishing EXTFiles.
I have to "copy" the entire site (with EXTFiles, not only) but EXTFiles give me
no possibility to use import function.
I saw that EXTFiles (used for a download area) operations have side-effect
(i.e. delete extfile would delete the fs file) so I think I can't use them in a
versioning system.
I'm looking for a solution (perhaps a script) that "synchronize" my ZODBs
(maybe file copy?) and DBMSs

Regards,

Jary