You know I had considered using JS for dealing with this. It does make
it much easier to change the CSS on your links to indicate current page
and such. I might look into this again. Thanks!

[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 11:25 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] a batch of inSaNitY!

I just use Adobe Labs Spry Framework... this effectively puts the paging
in javascript.

On 5/31/07, Programmer < [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > wrote:

        Hi Jonathan,
        I have something similar to your idea already. The python script

        supplies page number to a stored procedure which handles the
        paging. The script takes the result from the proc and builds an
        table and handles column sorting on the table. The output of the
        is just a single variable so I can just use &dtml-var instead of
        flaky &dtml-in.
        Problem I have now is this new search interface makes use of
        searching on SQL Server 2K. The paging proc wasn't written to
handle it
        and will need to be rewritten from scratch. This will take a lot
of time
        and testing. I thought I could slap something simple and fast
        to use in the interim to allow people to start testing the
        I really do wish Zope would either fix or eliminate broken
features. At
        the very least have the curtesy to say "hey y'all, this is
broke, don't
        bother" so folks don't waste time with it.