To: "kamal hamzat" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 4:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Auto Cataloging my ZCatalog

Hi Kamal,

I have a ZCatalog that my users use to catalog there news articles which
are (DTML Documents). I have already explained it to them to always
input the id for the new DTML Documents under "with ids" section on the
Find Objects tab on the ZMI to catalog new articles. But most time they
will not and they end up cataloging the entire articles which runs to
13,000 records.

I am a big fan of PropertyTools and Abracadabra, to be found on

PropertyTool allows you to define Objects (e.g. Text documents) that are
catalog-aware, e.g. index themselfes, without doing any coding.

Your users would then copy such template objects into the folders where
the content is to be stored. Abracadabra helps a lot with this 'copy and
paste' machinery.