Hi Jonathan,
I'm sure that what you said is right but
1) I tried to change my script performing a manage_add that should be performed
after timeout. Nothing happened.
2) However the only way I see is:
  a- keep the session id in the request
  b- if request.savedsessionid<>session.id then alert "session timed out"

thank you for your help