On Aug 13, 2007, at 3:55 PM, Andreas Jung wrote:

--On 13. August 2007 15:39:40 -0400 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi;
I have a form that I need to send to a script and then send off to a URL (PayPal). I need to process it through the script to renumber things for
PP. How do I do this? I imagine I add an element to the PT like so:

<form action="renumberTheCart(here/CheckOutAfterEditStuff)" method="post">

but I need to pass a parameter "doc", which, of course, is the document
I'm submitting. So I tried this:

<form action="renumberTheCart(here/CheckOutAfterEditStuff)" method="post">

You might check out the basics about HTML forms first. The 'action' parameter is an URL and *not* some Python-like function call. You specify the destination URL inside the action attribute and pass the parameters as *hidden* form parameters to the URL - either using method GET or POST.

You'll find more on forms in any HTML tutorial. Start from here:

<http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_forms.asp>

If you're uploading a file you'll want to also add enctype="multipart/ form-data" to the form tag. I usually add it by default.

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#h-17.13.4
"The content type "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" is inefficient for sending large quantities of binary data or text containing non- ASCII characters. The content type "multipart/form-data" should be used for submitting forms that contain files, non-ASCII data, and binary data."

-aj