--On 16. August 2007 22:40:45 -0700 rieh25 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I think it's finding the programm because I'm using the complete path. And
when I test it using the wrong programm name, it returns a 1. But instead,
when I pass it the right name, it just hangs. In the task manager there is
an entry for the program, but it doesn't seem to execute. Thanks for the
help.

You're misusing Zope is an evil way. External methods are not designed to start desktop apps. Don't do that - unless you know what you are doing.
The right approach would be to trigger the start of an application through
an URL handler or something like that. Basically "ExternalEditor" (your magic search term) would be a good starting point.

-aj