----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Nash" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 7:17 PM
Subject: [Zope] How do I eval a variable within the acquisition path?

I apologize for the question (the zope area of my brain must need
coffee) but I can't find the answer in the zope book or in any of the
scripts posted to the zope cookbook.

I want to use a variable in a acquisition path.

So for example, from the zope book on scripts, imagine that
vaccinateplan() printed out a specific animals vaccination plan.

Now instead of saying 'LargeAnimals' and 'hippo' like so:

print context.Vet.LargeAnimals.hippo.vaccinateplan()

I want to do like this:

category = REQUEST.form['category']
animal = REQUEST.form['animal']

print context.Vet.category.animal.vaccinateplan()

but I get an Attribute Error. How do I eval a variable within the
acquisition path?

any items in a url after python script name will be placed into REQUEST.

if there is a python script called 'ptst' in the folder 'folderx'
then the url:   www.xyz.com/folderx/ptst/a/b/c
will result in the python script "ptst" being run and the following entry will be in REQUEST:
traverse_subpath ['a', 'b', 'c']