Ross Patterson wrote:
Also, I can't seem to get the ReStructuredText in the long_description
on the pypi page to display as ReStructuredText instead of just
displaying as test.  Anyone got any pointers?

I assume you're generating long_description from a README.txt file or so. If you have docutils installed, you can render this file yourself using the rst2html script. It will show warnings and errors during the rendering. Fix those, and PyPI will happily render your reST as well.