As far as I can tell, using any of the default index types that come with Zope
2 (FieldIndex, TextIndex, whatever) if you do a search for "Jurgen" it will not
match "J├╝rgen".  In my opinion, this is correct - "Jurgen" is spelled
incorrectly.  However, I am having some clients push hard to have it behave
differently.  From what I've looked at, I haven't seen a way to make FieldIndex
ignore or somehow manipulate "special" characters, nor have I seen any products
that provide a new index type to specifically deal with this.  Does anyone know
if there is something out there to help with this?

Information in this e-mail may be confidential. It is intended only for the
addressee(s) identified above. If you are not the addressee(s), or an employee
or agent of the addressee(s), please note that any dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender of the error.