--On 10. Oktober 2007 15:42:05 -0400 "Wohnlich, Eric (IMS)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

As far as I can tell, using any of the default index types that come with
Zope 2 (FieldIndex, TextIndex, whatever) if you do a search for "Jurgen"
it will not match "J├╝rgen".  In my opinion, this is correct - "Jurgen"
is spelled incorrectly.  However, I am having some clients push hard to
have it behave differently.  From what I've looked at, I haven't seen a
way to make FieldIndex ignore or somehow manipulate "special" characters,
nor have I seen any products that provide a new index type to
specifically deal with this.  Does anyone know if there is something out
there to help with this?

Look at TextIndexNG3 and its normalization support.