Well first, is it actually Data.fs that you see growing or are you just seeing
less disk space from a reporting tool, you just said the "Zope site has
filled up".  If it is not Data.fs then look at the size of your logs, often,
and which one is growing fastest and how big is it.  Also, do you have an
external service that connects to your Zope site to upload any kind of data?
I've had this happen with a video camera that I had ftp-ing a jpeg every 10
seconds to the server, it didn't take long to fill up the undo list so fast
that Zope stopped serving because Zope couldn't add to the log file, thank
goodness for datafspack.py (I think that was the name of it).

Thomas

On Friday 19 October 2007 01:32, Jamie O'Keefe wrote:
> I am administering a Zope/CMF site running Zope 2.6.4 with python
> 2.2.3.  We have been running low on space and have not been able to
> clean out the database of old edits.
>
> We are moving other sites over to a new server and were able to free
> up about 3GB.  Unfortunately, our main Zope site has filled up most of
> that space quite rapidly.  We haven't edited it much so it is unclear
> why it is growing so quickly.
>
> What might be amiss?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jamie

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Operations & Systems Analyst            P O Box 32026
University Library                              Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.  As videos could be 25 pictures
per second and might last several minutes, how many words is that?
- Linux Journal, July 2007

Library Systems Help Desk: http://www.library.appstate.edu/help/