--On 18. Januar 2008 10:56:16 -0700 David Bear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 06:25:29PM +0100, Andreas Jung wrote:

--On 18. Januar 2008 10:21:33 -0700 David Bear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> are there any compile time optimizations for python that would also
> help optimize zope?

Not really. Why do you ask? What is slow? What appears as slow?

I'm putting zope/plone on a virtual machine and I would like to
optimize for memory consumption if possible. I don't know how rapidly
the hosting service I'm using could add ram to the vm.

Memory optimization is tricky. Especially ZODB cache tuning. But there is nothing at a compilation that would help you. Perhaps one thing: there is a switch that cares about the internal unicode representation (UCS2 vs UCS4). UCS2 might be the better choice since it will use only 2 byte per unicode character instead of 4.