On Jan 22, 2008, at 16:23 , Peter Bengtsson wrote:

Perhaps I'm wrong but I suspect that a Zope I'm running is dying because of running out of threads. They probably die when being designated to open an external relational database connection or something dodgy.

What are my options for monitoring and debugging what zope's threads are doing? Is there a simple tool to just get a simple readout of how many threads are busy?

One simple option is the ZMI Control_Panel Debug screen. Go to / Control_Panel/DebugInfo/manage_main on your instance and scroll to the bottom. It shows current connections to the Zope server from the outside, and how long the connection has been around. You will always at least see one entry, which is the request to fetch that debug screen. If you have connections beyond a few seconds of age they may be stuck.