----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Bengtsson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Dieter Maurer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "zope user list" <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 5:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Counting threads

On 22/01/2008, Dieter Maurer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Peter Bengtsson wrote at 2008-1-22 15:23 +0000:
>Perhaps I'm wrong but I suspect that a Zope I'm running is dying because
>of running out of threads.

This is very unlikely. It may no longer respond when all its threads
are working -- but it will not die for this reason.

By dying I don't mean crashing and stopping but instead staying up and
running but not responding to anything. Like a coma.

Sadly I can't reproduce it but the next time it happens I'll look at
both DeadlockDebugger and the Control_Panel Debug info if there are
any clues there.

You could also try this: http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/1073504990

Jonathan