Thanks Jens

The live server is a Sun server - the Zope installation was copied over from an
older Sun server about a month ago, and seemed to run fine unless we try to log

The root folder of Zope does not have a MySQLUserfolder, but the main subfolder
- which hosts the website - has.  When authenticating to the website
(MySQLUserfolder) I get the traceback.  But I can also not authenticate to the
ZMI (I get access denied with a known good password and with the emergency
user.)  But I know I should have access to the ZMI, because I can copy the
Data.fs to a test server and login to that.  So somehow now authentication is
broken for both Zope and MySQL authentication.
This led me to think the problem is in the Zope files, and I ran a diff between
my test system (Debian) and the live Sun server.

Many files differ, but in a way one would expect - the Python path is not the
same, so the first line of every .py file is different.  Also, *.pyc and *.pyo
differ - likely because of the different Python paths.  But a number of file
names on the Sun server worry me.   They miss the last letter - for example
__init__.p instead of __init__.py.  I worry that the system admins (who I
haven't met yet) may somehow have managed to lose the last letters of some file
names, although I have no idea how that would be possible.
Is it possible that Zope can run sucessfully with these incorrect filenames,
and only the authentication is broken?

Only in Sunsrv/lib/python/Products/Five/doc/products/InterfaceTutorial:
Only in Debian/lib/python/Products/Five/doc/products/InterfaceTutorial:
Only in Sunsrv/lib/python/Products/PageTemplates/tests/input:
Only in Debian/lib/python/Products/PageTemplates/tests/input:
Only in Sunsrv/lib/python/Products/PageTemplates/tests/input:
Only in Debian/lib/python/Products/PageTemplates/tests/input:
Only in Sunsrv/lib/python/Products/PluginIndexes/DateIndex/tests:
Only in Debian/lib/python/Products/PluginIndexes/DateIndex/tests:
Only in Sunsrv/lib/python/Products/PluginIndexes/TextIndex/dtml:
Only in Debian/lib/python/Products/PluginIndexes/TextIndex/dtml:
Only in Sunsrv/lib/python/Products/PythonScripts/tests/tscripts:
Only in Debian/lib/python/Products/PythonScripts/tests/tscripts:
Only in Sunsrv/lib/python/Testing/ZopeTestCase/zopedoctest:
Only in Debian/lib/python/Testing/ZopeTestCase/zopedoctest:
Only in Sunsrv/lib/python/zope/app/apidoc/codemodule/browser: class_index.p
Only in Debian/lib/python/zope/app/apidoc/codemodule/browser: class_index.pt
Only in Sunsrv/lib/python/zope/app/apidoc/codemodule/browser: configure.zcm
Only in Debian/lib/python/zope/app/apidoc/codemodule/browser: configure.zcml
Only in Sunsrv/lib/python/zope/app/apidoc/codemodule/browser: static_menu.p
Only in Debian/lib/python/zope/app/apidoc/codemodule/browser: static_menu.pt
Only in Sunsrv/lib/python/zope/app/onlinehelp: onlinehelp-configure.zcm
Only in Sunsrv/lib/python/zope/app/pagetemplate/ftests: configure.zcm
Only in Debian/lib/python/zope/app/pagetemplate/ftests: configure.zcml
Only in Sunsrv/lib/python/zope/app/pagetemplate/ftests: test_nested.p
Only in Debian/lib/python/zope/app/pagetemplate/ftests: test_nested.py
Only in Sunsrv/lib/python/zope/app/pagetemplate/tests: test_binding.p
Only in Debian/lib/python/zope/app/pagetemplate/tests: test_binding.py
Only in Sunsrv/lib/python/zope/app/pagetemplate/tests: test_viewzpt.p
Only in Debian/lib/python/zope/app/pagetemplate/tests: test_viewzpt.py
Only in Sunsrv/lib/python/zope/app/preference: preference-configure.zcm
Only in Sunsrv/lib/python/zope/app/publisher/browser/tests:
Only in Debian/lib/python/zope/app/publisher/browser/tests:
Only in Sunsrv/lib/python/zope/documenttemplate/tests: dtmltestbase.p
Only in Debian/lib/python/zope/documenttemplate/tests: dtmltestbase.py
Only in Sunsrv/lib/python/zope/documenttemplate/untrusted: __init__.p
Only in Sunsrv/lib/python/zope/pagetemplate/tests/input: checknothing.htm
Only in Debian/lib/python/zope/pagetemplate/tests/input: checknothing.html
Only in Sunsrv/lib/python/zope/pagetemplate/tests/input: checkpathalt.htm
Only in Debian/lib/python/zope/pagetemplate/tests/input: checkpathalt.html
Only in Sunsrv/lib/python/zope/pagetemplate/tests/testpackage: __init__.p
Only in Sunsrv/lib/python/zope/structuredtext/regressions: examples1.re
Only in Debian/lib/python/zope/structuredtext/regressions: examples1.ref
Only in Sunsrv/lib/python/zope/structuredtext/regressions: examples1.st
Only in Debian/lib/python/zope/structuredtext/regressions: examples1.stx

GET FREE 5GB EMAIL - Check out spam free email with many cool features!
Visit http://www.inbox.com/email to find out more!