Peter Bengtsson wrote:

I don't know how/if the zope testrunner starts a server that can be reached with a browser or not. If it does start a server that can be used in Firefox I'd be able to run som Selenium scripts (Remote Controlled or manually) and when I'm happy with the browser stuff I'd stop the testrunner which would reset the database/zodb again.

When I need to do testing like this, I keep the start/stop of the app server seperate from the tests that are running against them.

If I ever wanted to automate, I'd do something like:

zopectl start
zopectl stop

I've also found zope.testrunner to be much more amenable for this kind of thing than fiddling with Selenium.

(I actually combine zope.testing with zope.testrunner and so use zope.testing layers in order to re-use slow components, like setting up a Plohn site)