If you absolutely have to, look at Paramiko a python ssh/sftp library which is
easy to use but as mentioned already there are critical security issues.
with paramiko you don't have to directly edit the files but within an ssh
connection run the commands needed that actually make the changes.  You may
have to put in time.sleep(x) commands to give the response time to come back,
where x is an integer.

On Monday 07 April 2008 03:45, vaibhav pol wrote:
> hi,
> I am using Zope-2.8.1-final and also added zoperl-1.0.beta5 for perl
> support . I wrote a Perl module which edit files the file access permission
> is only to root  and i want to invoking the  module as onther user . by
> some way i want to invoke the perl interpreter as root for my user.
> and i also want to know how the zope  call external method.
> please
> help me!!

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Operations & Systems Analyst            P O Box 32026
University Library                      Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

"... using OpenOffice.org, and save them back to disk automatically,
in MS Word format.  They surf the Web, check e-mail, do instant
messsaging, view YouTube videos, visit their Facebook pages, learn
touch-typing skills and lots more.  Our public library has been
offering these Linux public stations for the past three years."
 - Phil Shapiro Linux Journal January 2008

Library Systems Help Desk: https://www.library.appstate.edu/help/