----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonathan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Garry Saddington" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 11:54 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] disappearing external methods

----- Original Message ----- From: "Garry Saddington" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 11:52 AM
Subject: [Zope] disappearing external methods

I have recently moved our Zope installation over to a centos server. Since the
move all the external methods periodically stop working for no apparent
reason and the error is returned as:
"external method can not be called because it is none"

The thing is that it works well and then stops. Does anyone have any ideas about this? The installation was not initially compiled on centos as I have a large collection of software as part of the application which can be moved between servers with the Zope installation. The reason for the move to Centos is that DTMLTex fails when trying to run pdflatex on Ubuntu and this seems to be distro specific, with no apparent way to fix it, unless anyone knows any

We use centOS and have a lot of external methods (all working happily).

Have you tried deleting the .pyc files associated with the external methods and then restarting zope?

Sorry, that should have been delete any .pyc files of modules that your external methods call and delete .pyc files for any products that may be used by the external methods, then restart zope.

You can also try to delete and re-add the external method within the ZMI.