I was same problems with new IBM hardware 2 yrs ago and etc at past. Wait, please, your HW will be good after 2..3 months - it needs "burning process". It is known problem with very fresh silicon chips about diffusion of non-homogenities - look at mfg date at "asphalt squares". But my english is not as good to detailed explain whats happen.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Garry Saddington" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Following a hard disk crash 2 weeks ago we have installed Zope onto a new
server and all was fine until yesterday morning when Zope stopped responding
and required a restart to get it working. It did the same at 3-30pm today.
We are using Zope 2.9.0 on Centos 5.1 on a quad Zeon server with 4gb. Ram. At
the moment the server is in quite heavy use with teachers trying to write
reports for a deadline tomorrow. These are sent to a Postgres DB via psycopg.
There is nothing in Z2.log or event.log to point me to the problem. I am
therefore asking for advice on the sorts of things that can cause Zope to
stop responding and whether there is anything we can do to mitigate against
such an event.