I have a user in the root acl_users but no Roles set. Then I go into the folder I want the user to have access in and using Local Roles, I assign Manager. Then on the page I use:

<dtml-if "'Manager' in _.SecurityGetUser().getRoles()">
  show the update and delete form buttons

For me, with Manager assigned in the root, I can see the buttons. But for this user, the buttons are not there. When I dtml-var the above getRoles() she only shows as 'Authenticated' but not 'Manager' and I show both.

Just wondering why??