It seems to me that it could be usefull to have a zope method for passing
python pickles to external processes through a unix domain socket. My
thinking was to use this as a means to abstract a data base connection. Yes,
I know there are zsql methods, sqlalchemy and other products to do this. But
my thought was to have a generilzed method for just passing a pickle to an
external process that could do anything with it. Perhaps it could pass a
pickle to a queue that would handle the pickle if the site need
some high volume handling of data.

Then one could have another python process listening on the socket -- ready
to receive pickles for zope.

Does this sound like something that could be usefull -- or is it reduntant
with some other feature that zope may have for sending data to external

David Bear
College of Public Programs at ASU