indrajit926 indra wrote:
Hi,

thanks for ur reply.

My problem is, my code is like

#code code code

if REQUEST['usr_msg']:
      do some operations.
#some code related to project

my program control loops with above " if condition".

REQUEST is in same context.

so once REQUEST stores 'usr_msg ' every time when it goes to "if condition " , it performs that "do some operations"

Due to above reason i want to delete that "usr_msg" variable from REQUEST

But if you would really manage to delete this from REQUEST, you
would get an exception when trying to use it in the way above.

So, see Peters solution to your problem.

also i cannot put restriction on "usr_msg" ,because it comes from user input, and user can give any text to that variable.

If thats some kind of filter chain you probably want to change
it to some private name space within request as you would be
comfortably getting by REQUEST.set('allmystuff',dict())
at the very beginning. You can actually look up form values
from REQUEST.form to distinguish between user input and
data from your program. If you just ask REQUEST, you get
some kind of stacking layers of name spaces where values get
looked up.

Please see the Zope book (online) for description of the API.

Regards
Tino

thanks,
Indrajit.