The missing binary packages for the related packages be one available
from PyPI (thanks to Hanno).

Andreas

On 16.07.09 15:58, martin.gfel...@comit.ch wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I've managed to install it, largely thanks to the hint from Andreas Jung.
>

>> I haven't got a C compiler installed - I assumed the purpose of the Zope
>> Windows egg was that
>> I wouldn't need to compile?
>>
> I found all the required packages on PyPI - but in two cases, the latest
> version didn't have a Windows egg.
> I changed requires.txt for the two packages to require a specific version,
> which have a Windows egg.
>
> This installed zope.security == 3.6.0 and zope.hookable == 3.4.0 without
> problems.
>
> My Questions:
>
> - Will the final Zope 2.12 egg have specific versions for its dependencies
> (otherwise, how do you
>   get consistent installations)?
>
> - Is there an option in SetupTools that ignores versions of packages which
> would need to compile? This
>   could be very useful for Windows users, who are afraid to compile.
>
> Otherwise, most things seem to run smoothly with Zope 2.12.0.b3 / Py 2.6
> under Windows, apart
> from a few changed imports in (legacy) Products such as GroupUserFolder.
>
> Thanks again, and best regards,
> Martin

ZOPYX Ltd. & Co KG          \  ZOPYX & Friends
Charlottenstr. 37/1          \  The experts for your Python, Zope and
D-72070 Tübingen              \  Plone projects
www.zopyx.com, i...@zopyx.com  \  www.zopyx.de/friends, frie...@zopyx.de

begin:vcard
fn:Andreas Jung
n:Jung;Andreas