We have some BTreeFolder2's containing hundreds of thousands of objects, even
one containing over 2 million instances of Folder. That is really no problem in
itself.

Under our setup, beyond 300-400,000 contained objects, the batching provided by
getBatchObjectListing becomes unusable. I've seen this problem mentioned
somewhere but never any hint of a solution.

We have a new application that will require pagination, or ideally, the ability
to go forward and back through the items (any order). Is there a way to refer
to the contained items by something like offset? It might be easy if the
objects had sequential, consecutive numeric ids, but sadly this cannot be the
case.

We are using the BTreeFolder2-1.0.2 version that came with Zope 2.10.

Thanks.

Ken