I have a product that is working fine on zope 2.12 but on 2.9 I can't get it
to work.

my configure.zcml is

<configure
    xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope";
    xmlns:browser="http://namespaces.zope.org/browser";

    <browser:resourceDirectory
        name="EditArea"
        directory="editarea_0_8_2/edit_area"
        />

</configure>

On 2.12  myserver/++resource++EditArea/somefile.js  returns the file just fine
but on 2.9 I just get a NotFound error.

The product is sitting in the Products dir of my instance and I know it is
getting loaded on 2.9 because the product is showing up in the control panel
and its __init__.py is getting run.

Any ideas on how to make this work on 2.9? Mostly this is just for transition
stuff but it would be very nice to get it to work.