ANNOUNCEMENT

                     mxODBC Zope Database Adapter

                            Version 2.0.1

                     for Zope and the Plone CMS

                Available for Zope 2.12 and later on
        Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD and other platforms

This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-mxODBC-Zope-DA-2.0.1-GA.html

INTRODUCTION

The eGenix mxODBC Zope Database Adapter allows you to easily connect
your Zope or Plone installation to just about any database backend on
the market today, giving you the reliability of the commercially
supported eGenix product mxODBC and the flexibility of the ODBC
standard as middle-tier architecture.

The mxODBC Zope Database Adapter is highly portable, just like Zope
itself and provides a high performance interface to all your ODBC data
sources, using a single well-supported interface on Windows, Linux,
Mac OS X, FreeBSD and other platforms.

This makes it ideal for deployment in ZEO Clusters and Zope hosting
environments where stability and high performance are a top priority,
establishing an excellent basis and scalable solution for your Plone
CMS.

NEWS

We are pleased to announce a new version 2.0.1 of our mxODBC Zope DA
product.

With the patch level 2.0.1 release we have backported the mxODBC Zope DA
product to also run on Zope 2.10, 2.11 as well as Python 2.4. This was
done to meet popular demand, since Plone 3 still uses these Zope and
Python versions.

The mxODBC Zope DA is now fully compatible with all recent Plone
versions, including the upcoming Plone 4.0 release. Please see the
mxODBC Zope DA documentation for details on how to install the
product for use in Plone.

Compared to the previous 1.0 version of the mxODBC Zope DA, the 2.0
version includes these enhancements:

 * Includes mxODBC 3.1 with updated support for many current ODBC
   drivers, giving you more portability and features for a wider
   range of database backends.

 * Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) support.

 * Python 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6 support.

 * Zope 2.10, 2.11 and 2.12 support.

 * Zero maintenance support to automatically reconnect the
   Zope connection after a network or database problem.

 * More flexible Unicode support with options to work with
   pure Unicode, plain strings or mixed setups - even for
   databases that don't support Unicode

 * Automatic and transparent text encoding and decoding

 * More flexible date/time support including options to work
   with Python datetime objects, mxDateTime, strings or tuples

 * New decimal support to have the Zope DA return decimal
   column values using Python's decimal objects.

 * Fully eggified to simplify easy_install and zc.buildout based
   installation

UPGRADING

Licenses purchased for version 2.0.0 of the mxODBC Zope DA will continue
to work with the 2.0.1 patch level release.

If you have already bought mxODBC Zope DA 1.0.x licenses, we offer you
a time limited upgrade option:

 * If you have purchased the licenses between 2009-06-01 and 2009-12-31
   you can get a 20% discount on the full price of version 2.0.

 * If you have purchased the licenses after 2010-01-01
   you can get a 40% discount on the full price of version 2.0.

This offer is time limited until 2010-09-30.

Please write to sa...@egenix.com for details on how to get the
needed discount coupons.

MORE INFORMATION

For more information on the mxODBC Zope Database Adapter, licensing
and download instructions, please visit our web-site:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/zope/mxODBCZopeDA/

You can buy mxODBC Zope DA licenses online from the eGenix.com shop at:

    http://shop.egenix.com/

Thank you,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Apr 23 2010)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/