Maybe I don't understand this right but I thought that
1) there is an order in a collection (within a snapshot)
2) this order extends to the document order for nodes that are descendants of
different nodes in the collection.
However, the nodes that are inserted into a collection are copied and thus have
a new identify and the order in the collection does not have to be
a) the document order of the source document or
b) the insertion order.

These tests take the nodes from fn:doc("auction.xml")//item, insert them into a
collection and assume that the result of reading this collection is still in
the document order found in auction.xml. I think that there is no reason why
this order has to "survive" the insertion into and extraction from the
collection.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~zorba-coders/zorba/unordered-collection-tests/+merge/101374